Wild Rose Foods provides personnel and management services to several affiliated entities including Basics markets, Rock Ridge Farms, Mayfield Farm, Willamette Valley Cheese Company, and Aurora Organic Poultry. These businesses include retail store operations, dairy and poultry farms, creameries, and food innovation and development of new food products. We are a new, exciting start-up business that is growing rapidly. Founder Chuck Eggert is a business leader with a history of entrepreneurial successes in both grocery and consumer product branded development, manufacturing, and distribution.
We offer competitive wages, Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay to all employees, and a full benefits package for anyone working 30+ hours per week.
Shifts coincide with production shift for standard workweek. Overtime as required. May include possibly working some holidays/weekends.
Job Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Location/Travel: Tualatin, Aurora and Salem – Travel would be involved to adequately visit and cover each of the site locations noted here. Travel would also be required to attend other events and training courses.
Under the direction of the Director of Food Safety and Quality, implements all aspects of the quality systems for the canning/jarring processing sites. Coordinates and executes day-to-day QA/QC tasks, works closely with all levels of production staff. Assists with 3rd party audits and regulatory inspections. Supports the dairy processing operation as needed; may assist with R&D projects and other special projects. Proactively and continuously works to expand knowledge specific to the process and products made in the facility, from raw material arrival to shipping of finished goods.
Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary.
- Oversees internal activities with compliance to local, state and federal food safety and health standards, including personal hygiene, temperature control, cross-contamination, pest control, recall compliance, sanitation, and customer complaints.
- Conducts line testing on incoming, WIP, and finished products (i.e. pH, brix, moisture, salt, titratable acidity, butterfat, etc.). Identify out of spec product or conditions and place non-conforming items on hold.
- Assists with programs to include environmental monitoring, recall administration, good manufacturing programs and sanitation standard operating procedures.
- Develops, validates, maintains, and reviews food safety (HACCP, etc.), for sites to assure compliance with regulations.
- Supports plant personnel to ensure compliance with federal & state regulations, third party audit requirements, customer requirements, and internal quality programs (i.e. FDA, ODA, Organic, etc.).
- Identifies food safety opportunities with sites; prioritizes issues and lead resolution to drive sustainable improvements.
- Routes, investigates trends and closes all customer complaint issues.
- Ensures all site personnel are trained on food safety and quality related items.
- Supports raw material and finished product specifications to ensure they are accurate and properly maintained, including the development of specifications for new raw materials and new finished products.
- Works as a liaison for site audits and regulatory inspections.
- Performs monthly audits of each site to determine overall food safety and sanitation compliance.
- Assists with development, implementation and administration of new and existing food safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains documentation to comply with record keeping requirements.
- Maintains and manages lab equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive workplace in a food retail environment that promotes safety, quality, trust, and teamwork.
- Effectively communicates across the organization with all executive levels and operational management on the compliance status.
- Be available for other functions and special projects related to the success of the business.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing and demanding environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the products and the processes involved.
- Basic understanding of equipment operations and minor troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of safety, quality and efficiency.
- Ability to read and comprehend standard operating procedures and company guidelines in order to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Ability to understand daily production needs and participate in a team environment safely.
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires extended periods of standing, walking, climbing and sitting.
- Exposure to heat, cold, noise, machinery and cleaning chemicals.
- Bachelors’ degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, or related discipline preferred.
- Experience with GFSI, FSMA, PMO, HACCP and GMP’s as they relate to food safety programs.
- PQCI certificate preferred.
- Better Process Control School preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in food manufacturing environment working in a QA and/or QC position. Dairy or cheese plant experience preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The work environment characteristics an physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat. The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The job duties include working in a slaughter facility with meat and poultry and/or raw meat and poultry cuts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb stairs and talk or hear. The employee is routinely required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Learn more about what we do here: https://wildrosefoods.com/